Sunday, January 5, 2014

Chicken Alfredo For Busy People

I love Chicken Alfredo. Everyone loves my Chicken Alfredo. I am giving away my secrets. I do not work near as hard as my friends think I do on my Alfredo. It can be done in 45 minutes....less if I take a few shortcuts. This dish will impress company and make your children smile. It is one of my most requested recipes. Clearly cooking great food is not that tough. I will say that Bertolli is my favorite Alfredo Sauce. I catch it on sale 2 for $4 at Food Lion often.

This will feed 6 people with leftovers for lunch. It will feed 4 people with leftovers for lunch if you have 3 hungry men at the table. (Cut the amount in half if you need less....my family loves this particular recipe and they eat several plates and then reheat for lunch) This recipe can be made with several options. 

You Need....
1 (12 ounces to a pound) box of your favorite dry pasta (angel hair, bow tie, and penne work well)
2 jars of Bertolli Alfredo Sauce ( I used the mushroom Alfredo....choose the flavor you like)
1 small jar of mushrooms (if you hate mushrooms...leave it out)
6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken tenders ( or 1 1/2 leftover cooked chicken)
1/3 cup of milk ( I use evaporated milk but regular or skim is fine)
1/2 half cup of grated Parmesan Cheese ( bought or you can grate it)
Garlic powder
Onion powder
1 level teaspoon of chicken bouillon granules or Chicken Better Than Bouillon (I used this one)
Salt
Salad in a bag or ( you could make your own....mine was romaine a cucumber and pepper....leftover)



This is about the right amount of chicken.
Drop frozen chicken into boiling salted water.




















What You Need To Do....

  • Put on a big pot of water. When it boils, add a teaspoon of salt and a sprinkling of garlic powder.
  • Add frozen chicken tenders (if you have leftover cooked chicken you can skip these steps)
  • Set the timer for 20 minutes....turn down to medium heat once it boils again..





















  • Add both bottles of sauce to a big pan. 
  • Pour half the milk into each jar and shake. 
  • Pour into the sauce. 
  • Add the can of mushrooms (If you like them) but make sure you push down on the lid to get the extra water out
  •  Add the teaspoon of chicken bouillon granules for Chicken Better Than Bouillon (love the stuff...keep it in the fridge). 
  • Sprinkle garlic powder and onion powder for two seconds each. 
  • Stir. 
  • Once the sauce bubbles well....turn it down to medium low.



  • Add the Parmesan cheese ( you can grate it, buy it already grated or use the stuff in the green can.....try to avoid the green can) 

I grated my cheese this time. 


Chopping chicken 

Dump in your leftover chicken or your chopped chicken


Drain in a colander
  • The chicken should be done....timer should be going off. (If you have already cooked chicken you will just have a pot of boiling water)
  • Take the chicken out.
  •  Add four cups of water to the chicken water and add a sprinkle of salt.
  •  Put it on high and wait for it to boil. 
  • Chop the chicken.
  • Add it to sauce.
  • Stir.
  • Add your pasta to the boiling water and cook it for two minutes longer than the box says for al dente.
  • Drain pasta.
  • Add to sauce.
  • Plate your lovely, homemade dinner with some salad and a piece of bread.


Variations....add fresh spinach (or lightly steamed broccoli from a bag)  to the sauce and simmer stirring for 4 minutes. If your family hates veggies in their Alfredo...ignore this suggestion. 










No comments:

Post a Comment