Saturday, March 22, 2014

Brined Pork Chops with Parmesan Potatoes and Green Beans with Spring Salad

The temperature hit 74 degrees today. I am finally able to eat outside on the deck! Even if snow is predicted in three days, I am having a Spring afternoon. I claim Spring. 


Pork chop with Parmesan Potatoes and Green Beans with Spring Salad
I took four boneless pork chops and put them in a brine.
Here is the brine recipe....

  • 2 cups of hot apple cider vinegar ( I heat in the microwave)
  • 1 tablespoon of dry mustard
  • 1/2 cup of Kosher Salt 
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of freshly ground pepper
  • 2 cups of ice cubes
Mix the dry ingredients. Add the hot vinegar. Stir, stir, stir.....add ice cubes. Stir. Add the chops and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in the refrigerator for 2 hours. (Do not brine for more than 2 hours)


Now I really rinsed the chops off very well with water. I put them on a plate to wait for the grill (or you could grill on the stove).

You will now need...

  • 2 packages of Birds Eye Steamfresh Lightly Sauced Potatoes with Green Beans (Parmesan and Olive Oil Sauce)
  • 1 bunch of Romaine
  • 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes cut in half
  • 1 yellow bell pepper cut in strips
  • Green Olives (if you like them)
  • Italian Dressing
Put the pork chops on a hot grill and leave on for five minutes a side. Put the bags of Birds Eye Potatoes and Green Beans in the microwave. Make your salad.  Now check on the chops and plate your family dinner. I suggest that you eat this outside with a great glass of wine. 






No comments:

Post a Comment